Ryanair supports Erasmus students by offering a 10% DISCOUNT in 4 single flights + FREE LUGGAGE with your ESNcard!
Ryanair is Europe's Number 1 airline, carrying 153 million customers yearly on more than 2,400 daily flights from 86 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 40 countries. Based on a low-cost business model, Ryanair makes travelling across Europe easier, faster, and more affordable. Ryanair is the official carrier of the Erasmus Student Network!
Ryanair and Erasmus Student Network have committed to improving the Erasmus experience for all European students.
That is why, from September on, when flying with Ryanair, all ESNcard holders will be able to enjoy:
- 10% discount on 4 single flights (or 2 return flights)
- Free check-in luggage of 20kg with each of these 4 flights booked
- Weekly travel offers for Erasmus students
- Tailored Ryanair in-journey offers on the mobile app
In order to claim the discount, you must be a holder of an activated and valid ESNcard. Don't have it yet? Get it here!
Once you have received your ESNcard, make sure to follow the next steps:
- Register at ESNcard.org. As this data will be used to validate your ESNcard during your flight booking process, please, remember to fill in all the blanks in your user profile - also your ESNcard number.
- Go to myRyanair and sign-up (or log in if you already have an account).
- Add your details in the "Erasmus" tab of your myRyanair dashboard.
Ensure they match your ESNcard user profile data (use the same names, pay attention to typos, etc.).
- Wait until your ESNcard and other details are validated. This is not live validation, so that it might take a few days.
- Once it is validated, use the booking widget at the bottom of the Erasmus section of your myRyanair dashboard to make your bookings at a discounted rate. Only bookings made using this widget will be considered for the discount, so make sure you do not use the normal booking engine of Ryanair or any other booking systems.
Now that your user profile is updated and your ESNcard is valid, you can book your Ryanair flights.
Keep in mind that:
- you should book your tickets at least 28 days in advance*
- the offer applies to the travel dates between the 1st of September 2023 and the 15th of June 2024.
- The booking period starts on the 7th of August 2023 and ends on the 15th of May 2024.
- The student or trainee must be in possession of a valid and active ESNcard both at the time of booking and flying. If you book with an expired ESNcard, Ryanair will ask you to pay the difference in the cost of the flight and luggage.
Do you still have questions? Check out our Ryanair FAQ.
*To learn more, read Terms and Conditions carefully.
*ESN or ESNcard will not be liable for anything related to the flight, other fares the passenger decides to pay for or, in general, anything that falls under the direct administration and customer service between Ryanair and the passenger. For these cases, the user must directly refer to Ryanair's customer service.